Building Information Modeling (BIM) is one of the most exciting developments in the construction industry and it is rapidly gaining acceptance. Unit 3: BIM Contract Negotiation and Risk Allocation, the third installment of AGC's BIM Education Program, is a full-day course that examines BIM and contract terminology to determine best practices for integrating BIM use into project contracts. Hot-button issues such as standard of care, intellectual property rights, and insurance and surety bonding coverage are discussed to help participants become BIM champions within their organizations.
BIM Contract Negotiation and Risk Allocation Learning Objectives
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain contract liability and standards of care related to BIM
- Negotiate BIM Addendum terms for BIM Execution Plan development
- Use BIM contract negotiation to establish proactive collaborative BIM
- Identify intellectual property rights and licensing issues related to Model use
- Recognize BIM coverage limitations in existing insurance and bond products
- Devise fair risk allocation and management responsibility provisions on BIM projects
Learn more about the entire program at www.agc.org/BIMEP or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is also available through Amazon as a Kindle® ebook
Discounted member price:
You could save: