The Davis-Bacon Act Today: What’s NEW for Federal Construction Contractors? Part 2
Price: $79.00 (AGC Member? Login to see discounted member pricing.)
This year marks the 70th anniversary of the enactment of the Davis-Bacon Act. So, what has changed in 70 years? While the law itself hasn’t changed much, the administration of the law has changed significantly, causing concern for many contractors with federal and federally assisted construction contracts. Davis-Bacon wage rates are increasing and so are the Department of Labor’s audit and enforcement efforts. This advanced-level, two-part webinar will explain to federal construction contractors how things are changing and how you can safeguard your company from risks arising under Davis-Bacon Act today.
Part 2: What’s New with Enforcement?
- Learn about DOL’s current enforcement initiatives and investigation procedures
- Discover problem areas that are routinely found in contractor audits and learn how to avoid them
- Learn how to safely correct errors found during self-audits
- Learn best practices for sub-contractor compliance training
- Learn best practices for preparing your employees for possible interviews during the audit process
- Identify tools and resources to help with Davis-Bacon compliance
Product Code: WB114
Publisher: AGC of America
Date of Publication: 12/1/2011