Lean Unit 5: Lean Supply Chain and Assembly is a one-day, instructor-led course that Unit 5: Lean Supply Chain and Assembly that introduces the lean strategies and tools used to deliver materials, equipment and prefabricated assemblies to the jobsite in a manner that facilitates flow. The four-session course challenges class participants to map the supply chain ? looking to minimize waste and maximize value ? in a collaborative fashion with all project team members, including suppliers and vendors.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between traditional procurement practices and lean supply chain applications;
- Identify waste and value-adding activities within the supply chain and assembly;
- Evaluate the impact of using lean supply chain on waste elimination, continuous flow and site operations pull;
- Identify strategies needed at the project and company levels to support the lean supply chain;
- List examples of process improvements to the lean supply chain;
- Expand lean beyond the individual project; and
- Create a value stream map to diagnose and improve the supply chain.
All instructors for this program must be pre-approved to deliver the class. Visit www.agc.org/LCEP for details.
This product is also available through Amazon as a Kindle® ebook
Discounted member price:
You could save: